Celine Dion Quotes

1. I often buy myself presents. Sometimes I will spend $100,000 in one day in a posh boutique.






2. Golf is a search for perfection, for balance. It's about meditation and concentration. You have to use hand and brain.

3. At home, we don't listen to our music-we listen to other people's music. It keeps you attached to the show business world.

4. I have become a housewife and there is no better job.

5. I've never been cool - and I don't care.


6. Don't be so familiar and so much into the details. Keep people dreaming. Close the window, and make them wonder.

7. Everything that I decide to do means something, otherwise I don't do them.

8. I definitely would never go back to my 20s. The best is yet to come.

9. I don't know if the camera likes me, but I do like the camera.

10. I don't listen to my own music at home.

11. I gave life, and that is beautiful.


12. I didn't have any of those good assets to have successful teenage years. It was hard. And what saved me was definitely my whole family. I knew where I was coming from and where I was going to.



13. I have a wonderful husband. I have three amazing kids.

14. I have records in gold, in platinum, I have two Oscars, I have Grammys and so on.

15. I have shared my whole life. My private and my show business life. It helps me actually to feel my songs and to go on with my dreams.

16. I knew it was going to be the most extraordinary thing in my life, but how powerful it is, you can never know until you have a baby.


17. I looked in the audience. There were no strangers. Everybody was singing and cheering and hugging. That was a beautiful picture to look at.




18. I have to say that when you tour the world, obviously, the jetlags and different hours and ways of living and traveling, a lot of hours in the plane, and you wake up in the morning and you're not quite sure where you are, and it is very tiring.

19. I love to sing and perform. It is what I do and love. It completes my life.

20. I think it bothers people to see people that are happy and successful. So they try to find what's wrong with them.


21. I started at 5 years old in the kitchen table with my family supporting me. I know where I'm from and I know exactly where I'm going.



22. I think that life has a secret, and children they hold that secret. Maybe it's not given to everybody to discover this thing.

23. I was not a good-looking girl. I was extremely skinny. I wasn't pretty. I wasn't cool.

24. I want to be more successful as a mother than I am in show business.

25. I wasn't good at school. 


26. I will perform "My Heart Will Go On" for the rest of my life and it will always remain a very emotional experience for me.





27. I'm so centered in feeling great about me that I can give great things to my son and my husband and my family.

28. I'm very comfortable in my skin.

29. It seems strange to say this, but it is true: Coming back to Vegas to work is like going on vacation for me.

30. It's really all about family, love and the children for me. I work at that every day.


31. In terms of music, I can try anything I want, even something that doesn't work at all, because I'm not putting my career in jeopardy.



32. My child was not only carried by me, but by the universe.

33. My feet are definitely more grounded than before. And I know that I'm not holding onto a dream. I'm holding onto my life.

34. My kids give me the balance to live right.


35. Never say that your life is to be a singer. You want to sing because it's a part of your life. But if you don't succeed as a singer, it doesn't mean you don't have a life and it's over.




36. He's 16 months old and he eats soap and paper. What's going on with kids? (on her baby)

37. Oh my God, when he's 20 years old what's going to happen to me? I'm gonna marry him. (on her son Rene)

38. The first song that I ever recorded was written by my mother.


39. The craziest thing I've done is cut my hair blonde and short a couple of years ago. And people reached out to me saying: "Celine, you're one of the most stable things we have in our lives, don't do that. We want you the way you are."

40. Since I was a little child, my nose - I think it's too big.

41. There's been nothing but discipline, discipline, discipline all my life.

42. There's no such thing is aging, but maturing and knowledge. It's beautiful, I call that beauty.


43. The hardest thing to find in life is balance - especially the more success you have, the more you look to the other side of the gate. What do I need to stay grounded, in touch, in love, connected, emotionally balanced? Look within yourself.

44. He's the center of our universe. I'll die for my child. I don't know if I can say more than that. I would definitely go in front of a train, or if I had to give my heart, my lungs, my everything, I wouldn't even think about it. I will open my whole body up and they can take whatever they need. I'd give everything for my child. I don't think I can be any more precise than that. It changes your life. You love them so much. They are you.

45. I am the youngest of 14 children, so I rarely got a chance to speak. If I have an opportunity for talking, I talk.


46. When you sing one song after another over the years, you get a little tired and you don’t know what you're going to talk about in the interviews, on TV, in your songs, it's pretty much the same thing. When you stop and go back and enjoy life, and instead of talking all the time, you listen to others, and you have a child and a home and you visit your family that you don't see so much. Then when you come back, it gives you something to talk about and something to sing about. It's refreshing for me.

47. The only failure is not knowing how to be happy.

48. Fruits are snacks which are rich in vitamins and can be eaten the whole day.

49. I'm slim by nature and I have a small breast, but I can live with that. I would never enlarge my breast.


50. In vitro…It's a long process, a lot of patience. It involves a lot of shots. I'm 33 years old.





51. I've seen diapers. And believe, my mother is right. What's in the pooh-pooh is like the Bible. The truth is in there.

52. Not every song is a big ballad but every song is as powerful.

53. Rene loves me the most when I'm wearing nothing.

54. There's something of everything in my bathroom.

55. Two years ago I saw the Cirque de Soleil. This is what I wanted for me.


56. We are living in Florida, the whole year is much warm. Also sultry.



57. When I was pregnant, I was holding my breath for eight months and a  week.

58. What I am eating I keep in me.

59. I wish we were all naked all the time. I have always believed it's what's underneath that counts. If we were all forced to be naked, perhaps we would start to see it a little bit more.

60. How come it's so easy to send planes in another country to kill everyone in a second, to destroy lives?

61. You know, some people are stealing and they're making a big deal out of it.


62. I smell his feet; they have a scent that's a bit like vinegar. (on her son)







63. We need to serve our country, and be there right now to rescue the rest of the people. We need the cash, we need the blood, we need the support, right now we need the prayers.

64. There's people still there, waiting to be rescued, and for me it's not acceptable.

65. When I do something, I do it all the way. I've been in show business so many years. I've achieved a lot of things.


66. This thing has really upset me…Since that story came out, everyone has been congratulating me, and I have to keep telling them that it's not true. I only wish it was true.



67. I wanted to partner with a beauty company that would develop a product in a line with my values. Like creating music, it is important that beauty products appeal to both one's senses and emotions.


68. The way it was said makes it sound like I'm not singing live at my shows, which is not true. In the past, we've used instrumentation and voice samples on the up-tempo numbers. This just gives the dance tracks a bit more punch to enhance the live performance, but I think that's normal.



69. I'm approaching 40 years old, and I have to tend to that. This frozen embryo that is in New York is my child waiting to be brought to life.

70. I would love to make a film…I want an Oscar!

71. I'm not thinking with my head, I'm talking with my heart.

72. We are comfortable in this environment. Why not make ourselves comfortable over there?



73. Oh, they're stealing 20 pair of jeans or they're stealing television sets. Who cares? They're not going to go too far with it. Maybe those people are so poor, some of the people who do that they're so poor they've never touched anything in their lives. Let them touch those things for once.

74. As long as my fans enjoy my music and I'm happy in myself, my life and my music, that's all the truly concerns me.

75. Yesterday, we can't do anything; tomorrow, we don't know. Today.

76. My family and friends and Rene and the pregnancy fulfilled me with so much love.

77. I always can say: I eat normal, even a lot. Ice-cream, cake, sandwiches - I love food!


78. It was so touching to see the two men of my life embracing.

79. People who do such bad things in the world-they're probably not around kids a lot.

80. Every song will be a video. It's going to be very spectacular.

81. When I found out it was a boy, Rene started to cry.

82. I needed to take a long break, I needed to have a normal life for just a little bit.

83. I have a very obstinate cold, but inside this room it's warm.

84. The rumors, that say I would eat only salad and raw vegetables-aren't true. I just eat irregular, but possibly sound.


85. I didn't have holiday for nearly 15 years, that will be made up for now-without bodyguards.



86. I'm addicted to make up. I'm buying beauty products like wild.



87. I'm here because I want to be with people. I want to enter their lives.

88. I didn't feel the pressure to try and outdo anything. I proved myself before, so now I can enjoy.

89. I didn't miss performing, I did not miss a second of it. Because I didn't really left it completely.

90. People used to laugh and call me vampire because I had these big teeth like fangs.


91. It's the moment you think you can't that you realize you can.


92. My husband got ill almost three years ago. He got cancer. And he needed me more than before.



93. It's our room, 200 shows per year, five shows a week, and…60 performers on stage.

94. Meal is often a ceremony at us in order to get the right people together to a table. Otherwise I eat what does well to me.

95. Isn't it amazing that we always have to be heroes? Like, it's okay to say: "Mommy is scared. Mommy is hurt. Mommy is tired".


96. I was thin my whole life and a few weeks after the birth of Rene my weight went back to a normal level. Without any sport, without any diet.




97. I receive about 1,000 songs a year, and I have a great team with me selecting and hearing everything. They know me very well.

98. Yes, man, I love my husband, so when it's time to watch sports I'm right with him. I've been there for 20 years.

99. I think we stopped wanting the future too much.

100. Every song can now become a visual experience, which I think puts it all on a higher scale. And it will be fun for me, something new.


101. I like go swimming, that good for the skin. And I started playing golf long time ago.


102. Before Rene had chemotherapy, we decided to put some sperm in the bank and go for some fertility treatments.

103. Maybe we do some intimate shows here and there, something unplugged, something light.

104. I'm flattered when they take the time to impersonate you. I think it's a good sign.


105. My husband and me retired for two years, so that there will be less talking about us and my weight.


106. If the opportunity comes to do a really great movie, I would like that. By then, I'm almost 40 years old.

107. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know I'll be happy because I'll have my family.

108. It was very emotional to be home and do one last farewell show. I was going on to my new life, which was very important for me.

109. I think that all on me is well-proportinated.


110. I went crazy about what I was going to wear, which is ridiculous because I should be concerned about what I am going to sing!

111. I always put on makeup at home, because I think I'm looking boring without it.

112. When you are a new mother, your body is-you're not in control totally.

113. We call him Rene-Charles. I went through labor for 24 hours. And then, Rene took him in his arms.

114. Maybe I've done it-for 20 years I've done it so much that I still hear it and it still feeds me very well.


115. You don't want to bother people. Too much is too much. If you want to sing and be there all the time, you have to take a break.

116. I'm just starting to control my emotions when I talk about my son.

117. I might think the feet of my husband are sexy. Sometimes I make him a pedicure. I can so that excellently.

118. He cannot be a normal baby for us, because he's not.

119. I don't have something against small cosmetical operations.


120. Rene isn't interested in fashion. What I like he likes, too! We don't love each other for what we are wearing.




121. Even today I'm afraid of losing me, I'm afraid of losing him. Every day becomes a very special day now, and we got to be thankful for that.

122. Because of air-conditioning, meeting a lot of people, shaking hands - more chances to get sick.

123. My goal is to drive my son to school every day. And Vegas will end, he'll be 5 years old.

124. When I'm dressed I feel great. I can wear everything and never have had a problem because of the size or or a blouse that's too tight.


125. Maybe we'll try for another child with more IVF.



126. If I could, I would have 14 kids like my parents had. But I think I'm a little late for that.

127. My real dream came true. We had a son.

128. I am different. When somebody so close to you gets sick, and when you give life also, it changes you for the rest of your life.

129. My mom was 41 when I was born.


130. When I started in show business, when I turned 18 years old I wanted to learn English and I wanted to sing in English.





131. I guess it all depends on your nature. Some people can't stand being alone. I love solitude and silence. But when I come out of it, I'm a regular talking machine. It's all or nothing for me.

132. There's always a new thing happening to me that's even more extraordinary, so pressure gets harder. But I like it when it's hard. Anyone can do it when it's easy. When it's hard and you can do it good, you're proud of yourself. There's going to be more pressure as the years go by, that's for sure. But I think I'm a hard worker and I'm ready for that. As long as I believe in what I'm doing, the pressure is okay with me.


133. For me, singing was real life, not two plus two equals four.





134. I'll be a Quebecker-Canadian. I'm from Quebec and every time I go to a country I say that. It's my roots, my origins and it's the most important thing to me.

135. There's one way to do showbiz, if you want to do it perfectly, you have to be disciplined and you have to be ready to work really hard.

136. I'm not trying to be a nice girl, but it's me. I'm not afraid to be nice.


137. The most important thing I can give to my son is my true values. Whatever choice he makes, I want him to assume his responsibilities and achieve what he wants - and be happy. For me to be able to give my happiness to my son. I cannot achieve better than that.

138. I don't regret having lost my adolescence. I had one dream: I wanted to be a singer!

139. He's the only guy who intimidates me. (on her son seeing her Las Vegas show for the first time)


140. My life is to be a mom. It is what I enjoy the most. It is my most amazing reward. I will take a chance with my music. I don't take risks with my family.


141. I feel like I'm at the bottom of the ladder, finally. I started at the top. I came down. Maturity is being grounded. When you feel grounded you feel strong. I know what I want.



What do you think of Celine Dion's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts