Kylie Minogue Quotes

1. I do quite naughty things now. I do like to be a bit sexy.


2. I'm just a natural flirt, but I don't see it in a sexual way. A lot of the time I'm like an overexcited puppy.

3. I have had a holiday, and I'd like to take it up professionally.

4. I think I'm being friendly with someone and I'll sit in their lap. They think I'm flirting with them.

5. A few years ago my goal was to try and get the goddamned album made, which put me in a real bad frame of mind.


6. The Sun in London ran a front page declaring my bum a national treasure. I really did laugh at that. It's not like it can actually do anything, except wiggle.

7. Gay icons usually have some tragedy in their lives, but I've only had tragic haircuts and outfits.

8. Everyone knows how much Australia means to me. I try to get back here as much as I can, but normally it's for work, so I'm in and out and jetlagged and stressed.

9. I do dance music, and I can be pretty camp myself from time to time.


10. Having had cancer, one important thing to know is you're still the same person at the end. You're stripped down to near zero. But most people come out the other end feeling more like themselves than ever before.

11. I get the lyrics of a tune and interpret them my way.

12. I just can't help but see things differently.

13. I just want to do everything. I don't want to sound soppy or too cliched, but that's the way it is.

14. I used to be able to do the Chinese splits, where you open your legs sideways.


15. I know there will be X amount of women being diagnosed. I love to say: "You can get through it. You can".

16. I wrote lyrics that were intensely personal to me a few years ago. Maybe people know me better now.

17. I'm not sure that I'll be able to do everything that I did before.

18. I walk into the studio and we're all so happy to see each other.

19. I've always been a little shy about taking my clothes off, but I don't worry about it any more.


20. I've been accustomed to being famous and having a certain level of attention for 14 years, but in the last few months, it's changed. It's like on the arcade game, I've gone up to the next level.



21. I've fancied other women, but I haven't done anything about it.

22. I've had a lot of tragic hairdos and outfits.

23. If you're part of a record company, you're a manufactured product. It doesn't mean that you're not talented.

24. Part of me is a sexual exhibitionist.

25. My gay audience has been with me from the beginning.


26. The moment my doctor told me, I went silent. My mum and dad were with me, then we all went to pieces. I was saying: "No, I've got my flight to Sydney in two hours. I'm getting on a plane".



27. This is such a special summer holiday for me. I haven't known myself so relaxed in years.

28. When you work in TV, it's such a group effort, it's not about you.

29. You know, songs often have a very colored past. They might have something about them but it still doesn't work, so someone else adds a bit, and someone else adds a bit so perhaps one day I'll know its full history.


30. With one man, there was a freedom and liberation. That was with Michael Hutchence, my partner in life.






31. I'm so happy that my costumes have found a home here in Melbourne, my home town, where I know they will be cared for and preserved. Its just such an honor that the Performing Arts Collection wanted it all. What I imagine people will want to see is the wear and tear, the ingrained make-up after fifty shows, where the audio-pack rubs these are things that for me, bring costumes to life.


32. I set the benchmark for Gaga. We've done it before, with all our creative shows, and now the new artists are following us. She inspires me and I love what she does, but we've done it before. I had the Aphrodite theme and no one has done that before. Think outside the box is what I do, and thats what keeps it fresh for me. The whole water palace idea and the splash zone was all new. I set the benchmark and now I cant wait to see what the new talent will do next.

33. I never say never about a lot of things. Whatever you want, then more power to you. If someone feels they have to live up to a certain image, then I can kind of understand that pressure because I'm considered to be one of those images, and I know how unreal they are.

34. I instinctively know where to draw the line. I genuinely feel that because people know me so well they understand my personality.

35. People see me as Kylie the singer. It would be a dream for me to be taken seriously as an actress.


36. When I was eight, my pals and I went up to my bedroom, put on our party frocks and mimed to ABBA records using broom handles as microphones.

37. I don't try to be a sex bomb. I am one.

38. I didn't want to fizzle out. I had to keep going, like a little Shetland pony.

39. Sex is the most natural thing in the world. When I'm in a relationship, I like lots of it. I like to be swept off my feet. But I do have a very low boredom threshold.


40. I'm totally shattered. Everything has been so crazy. I've been trying to get my act together, but I am so exhausted I can barely string a sentence together. Making this album has really taken its toll. (on recording the Fever album)

41. I especially enjoy the period with "Shocked", "What Do I Have To Do" and "Better The Devil You Know", so maybe something from there. (when asked what earlier hits she would re-release if given the opportunity)


42. I have been in L.A. for a week and the town has been full of Grammy fever, to actually be a recipient is incredibly special. I am thrilled and cannot wait to bring it home. (on winning a Grammy)

43. I am so excited to be performing once again at GAY. There's an atmosphere there that is unlike anywhere else. Last time I performed there they had a huge clock counting down the minutes until the show and by the time I came on the crowd was at fever pitch. It's a special venue for me and I have some amazing memories of gigs gone by. So many of the audience go to great lengths to make special outfits and they know the lyrics to the songs better than I do.


44. Vagina, vagina, vagina. It's such a weird word.


45. I had my fun years ago. When you're older, you think about when you didn't have a care in the world. From 20 to 24, it was wild.

46. I'm clinging on, trying to stay sane.


47. The band have been rehearsing for the last five weeks, the dancers for the just over three weeks, and me whenever I could, so I'm the last bit! It has been pretty intense. I'm trying to look really calm but it has been an intense few weeks leading up to today! Not very oldies though; we are stepping marginally back in time! It's always difficult choosing - for a start choosing which new songs to perform from the album and then what's gonna work with the old ones. But, yeah, there's a couple of surprises in store and also some real trainspotter surprises too. (on her Money Can't Buy show)

48. Can't Get You Out of My Head had been No. 1 in I don't know how many countries, but I still wasn't signed to an American record company!



49. Ultimately, yes, it's my name and I have to deliver the goods. But it doesn't happen without a team. So I try and work with the best people I can.


50. I nearly killed myself in rehearsals, but the outcome is classy, I hope. It's a lot different from any other videos I've done before. I really wanted to do some ballet in my next video and luckily I've been able to. I normally have three or four hours to practice the choreography for my clips, but this time I had four days to get it right. (on her music video Chocolate)

51. That's always a difficult question. Still being here!!! The point of my job is to entertain and make it look easy, so I guess it's the parts you don't often see which make me feel proud. All the behind the scenes work, the fears and insecurities I have to face and overcome to improve myself as a person and performer, all of the people who believe in me and encourage me. As you can see the list starts to go on and on. My sense of achievement is a study in motion and there's much I wish to accomplish in the future, professional and personal. (on her biggest achievement; 2004)

52. Cruelty to children is an everyday occurrence, which must be stopped. The work undertaken by the NSPCC is essential and I fully support its mission to end child cruelty. I support its vision of a society in which all children are loved and valued. The levels of abuse in this country are shocking. Without charities like the NSPCC, they would be worse. Together, we hope to improve the lives of children within the UK.

53. Since my first hit, I can't believe how quickly time has passed. This collection is very dear to me and holds a lifetime of memories. There is nothing like time to give you a sense of perspective and I hope the listener gets as much enjoyment out of these tracks as I do. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to experiment throughout the years and that my fans have embraced the need in me to try new approaches. I am just as excited about the new tracks featured here as I am about all the others on the record. At this point in my career, I am happy to celebrate the past and look forward to the future. (on her 2004 greatest hits compilation Ultimate Kylie)

54. I never had the feeling I was made for a conventional marriage with a house in the suburbs.






55. If I stopped making records or performing, I'd probably still be famous for a while being me. But I'd rather have something to show for myself.

56. I think Australians are down to earth… We have a good work ethic, and that can only be helpful in this industry.


57. I was Olivia Newton-John in my lounge room for sure. I guess at the time, without even knowing it, she was a massive, massive influence…And do you know, she's still amazing. She came to see my show in Sydney, and I was a bit nervous thinking: "Oh, Olivia Newton-John's here!"

58. To see someone coming through their own way, I think she's a great role model, and her demographics are incredible…She certainly crosses the border.




59. I was so looking forward to bringing the Showgirl tour to Australian audiences.

60. Olivier is by my side and I have a lot of family and friends around me.


61. Being "breast aware" plays a major role in early detection, so I was especially pleased to hear younger women in particular are being more proactive with breast examination and talking to their doctors.


62. I was so happy to finally meet the children and see the results of Toby's energy and vision. Their triumph through adversity is inspiring.

63. I’m going to be put out to pasture soon. (on being a pop music veteran - Billboard interview)


64. In the most caring, loving GBF (gay best friend) kind of way, Jake (Shears) basically pestered me to work with Stuart. (on how Stuart Price came to executive produce Aphrodite - Billboard interview)


65. Been there, done that, got the uncomfortable-looking latex corset. (on her current rivals vying for electro-pop queen bee status - Billboard interview)

66. I feel like it’s spreading joy. Which is the best thing I could ever have wished for. (on current single "All The Lovers," which debuted at #4 on the UK singles chart - Billboard interview)


67. Fame is a a very weird thing and it can be confusing at times. The reason performing live is so addictive is that that’s where (fame) makes sense. People are there to see you, you’re there to show yourself, you’re all there to share an experience and be in a frenzy. (Billboard interview)

68. Onstage, you don’t have to deal with the real world - you deal with the world you’ve created. To have that great energy, nothing else can beat it. So you could call me an addict. (Billboard interview)






69. I was just getting really tired of my answers for why I’d never toured there. Something just clicked and I thought: "If I don’t do it now, I’ll never do it." (Billboard interview)


What do you think of Kylie Minogue's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts