Vanessa Williams Quotes

1. My parents are both teachers, so we had the summers off.  




2. I ask our Legislature to do whatever is necessary to protect the future of my child. All I want is what every other parent wants - what's best for my child.



3. The past just came up and kicked me.

4. I am lucky to have three daughters who are completely different. I look at my daughters and I have different relationships with all three and there are parts of each personality that are very special.


5. I think there's a time to work, and everyone has to kind of adjust. And then there's a time to relax, and be the mom or take the kids on vacation when you need to wind down. So it's a matter of planning, and being able to map out your year or your week or let's start with the day. It is just being multi-tasking and being available.


6. Natasha was incredibly smart and articulate and certainly a power broker, a business woman that really impressed me the first time I met with her.


7. Well, my mom taught public school music for almost 40 years. And she's about 5 feet - and very mighty. And she would control her kids a lot by giving them the eye, or the stare.

8. Eugene McCarthy is definitely an inspiration to me as a Democrat and as someone going to the university. It is definitely important to me.


9. I love the French horn.


10. And when people give me their word, I listen to them.



11. Success is the sweetest revenge.

12. And at 19, you think you rule the world, and you can control things. And a lot of times, you don't.


13. Broadway is really my life.


14. There are a lot of things that you don't realize that your parents are going through when you're a kid.


15. I throw myself into my work. It's exhausting. It's time-consuming. I feel guilty for not being with my kids all the time. But then when I'm home with my children and devoting my life to my kids, in the back of my mind I'm wondering whether I'll ever get employed again. So there's a constant battle of doing what fuels me and what I do best. And also, being there for my kids.

16. I am not a lesbian and I am not a s..t, and somehow I am going to make people believe me.


17. You're always going to have people that are naysayers, that don't believe in your talent, that don't believe that you have any kind of longevity.


18. New York is my home.



19. Collaboration is the theme of the week.


20. I enjoy the companionship we have with everyone else, and the meals we don't have to fix. We look forward to coming every Thursday. It's as good as Sundays to us.


21. The wiser you get, the more experience you have, and the more you see people for who they are as human beings, as opposed to figures you have to fight against.


22. They can hear a lot of hits. They can hear a lot of my hits - my current album is hits from the 70s, my favorite stuff. So they'll hear Chaka Khan, the Ohio Players, and they'll also hear the ones they know and love.


What do you think of Vanessa Williams quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts