Julia Roberts: "I Took A Big Risk By Not Having Facelift"

Julia Roberts recently admitted she is taking a big professional chance by not getting a new face.  





  




In a new interview with "You" magazine, Roberts, 47, was quoted as saying: "By Hollywood standards, I guess I've already taken a big risk in not having had a facelift," noting: "But I've told Lancome that I want to be an aging model - so they have to keep me for at least five more years until I'm over 50."


The star's remarks come days after Renee Zellweger, also in her forties, created a buzz by flaunting her brand new face at a red carpet event. Zellweger's altered image has reignited the debate over Hollywood's beauty standards for middle-aged actresses.

Julia explained that she has found peace by "studying yoga on a more conscious level." "It's about non-grasping, non-hoarding, cleaning out your closet, dusting out your mind and letting go of the things that weigh you down mentally and emotionally," Roberts confessed to the mag, pointing out: "There's a lightness to my life now - an airy quality of not taking things too seriously. That's happiness."

The Oscar winner also acknowledges that she has it better than many other females. Roberts declared: "I often think about the reality of my life versus a mother who, say, lives in Kansas City and is struggling to pick up the kids when she gets off work, or who doesn't get to choose not to go to work because she wants to stay at home with the kids."

"Those mothers are my real-life heroes, and they include my girlfriends, who do this with joy and grace and with full-time jobs," Roberts claimed, adding: "I don't have to worry about it and I'm grateful for that."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts