Salma Hayek Talks About Karma And Her Husband Francois-Henri Pinault

Salma Hayek appears really sexy in the latest issue of Net-A-Porter's "The Edit", out on newsstands now.  








In an interview with the mag, Hayek, 48, talked about still working in her 40s and believing in karma: "If you think about it, I'm limited by the way I talk and by the way I look. I'm 48 years old. Amazing, talented people (stop finding work) at 32, 33 sometimes! Not so much in London, but in the US it's crazy. Also for those who have never seen me in person…I'm quite short. I have an overly…wavy body. I'm not like the girl-next-door who is easy to cast. I don't fit into stereotypes of a woman that should continue to work. I don't know what it is, but it has nothing to do with planning. It has something to do with karma, maybe. I believe in karma."


Salma opened up about dating her now-husband, Francois-Henri Pinault: "I was not a fashionista. I was surrounded by fashionistas who made fun of me because I didn't care. And when I started going out with Francois, they said: "How did you of all people land this guy? You don't care about fashion." And I said: "You know what? That was probably refreshing.""


The star also shared about perfecting the work/life balance and teaching children to be more appreciative: "We're constantly scrutinized, so we learn to be hard on ourselves because everybody is hard on us, even our children, because we are the ones who are there all the time, providing that attention. In the workplace, men get better paid. They are more easily promoted than (women). In order to be considered a good wife or mother, and in the workplace, the expectations are so high. We have to be more demanding in the workplace. We need to be more assertive in that department, and stand our ground in our own homes, and teach our children to give us a break and be more appreciative."


For the full interview of Salma Hayek, check out Net-a-porter.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts